Top Tips To Improve Conversion Rates On Your Shopify Store
How to design a website? This is the first question that most people ask when they decide to launch their very own website. If you have not done so already, you will have to design it from scratch. Your budget will determine how elaborate you can make it. Here are some pointers to help you design a website with limited resources.
* Design your layout. You are probably thinking that web design is about creating a layout of what your website will look like. When you are starting out, this is true. However, as you begin adding in content, your layout will need to change to adapt.
* Add in call-to-action. Your layout should not be the only thing that your visitors see. After your layout has been designed, your next step is to optimize it for the search engines. The main idea here is to make sure that your page appears at the top of the search results. Using negative space, using white spaces between words, using keyword placement, and using the proper formatting are all part of designing a good presentation.
* Add in trust emblems. Many online companies use color schemes and logos that have a logo of some sort on the page. You want to do the same. Adding a logo or other form of visual “trustworthiness” to your website layout can boost the number of visitors that click on your call-to-action. Make sure your emblems are big enough and in a style that can easily be read.
* Avoid color schemes that turn your site visitors off. This goes beyond mere colors, it is about a whole design scheme that goes into effect before the visitor gets there. For example, many companies use orange and green color schemes. These color schemes turn visitors off because they are unable to understand the content of the site. Your goal as a web designer is to turn your potential customers on.
* Create a “Contact Us” page. If you are offering a product or service, it is best to create a contact page that will be used after a customer has purchased an item. Most often, this is the place where they will put their name and e-mail address so they can get a notification of any future sales events. Having a “Contact Us” page gives you the opportunity to follow up with customers.
* Add in good content. Content is very important when it comes to creating a good website copy. It is also essential that you have quality content because people will spend a lot of time looking for information that they are looking for. The most important thing about your content is that it is informative and interesting. In addition, make sure you create things like testimonials from satisfied customers.
* Build trust emblems. Trust emblems such as a logo or a graphic symbol allow you to build trust with your potential customers. Once they see that you can do things by yourself, you won’t have to rely on outside people to do all the work for you. The last thing you want is for your customers to think you are an easy company to work with.
* Avoid using too many. When you design your website, make sure it is simple to navigate around and not confusing. Some websites have very cluttered layouts and this can turn off visitors. Instead, stick to having just enough calls-to-action to increase conversion rates.
* Choose a compatible website platform. There are many different types of website platforms out there and you might want to consider your options before investing in one. For example, Shopify has the most extensive and versatile range of themes and plugins available. WordPress is a very popular choice and it also allows you to add in lots of different types of themes. However, there are a few downsides to using Shopify.